Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 12

Location - Burley, Idaho Miles/Total Miles - 38/798 Climb - 1,150
With just a short distance to ride today we didn't load bags and get going until 8:30. I might add that it's not the degree of difficulty that determines the length of the ride, it's the location of the next hotel. The day was highlighted by a side trip to Shoshone Falls about five miles out of town. The ride down into the gorge was well worth the ride out just to take in the beauty of it all. The water is higher this year than it's been in the recent past so we were treated to one of the most spectacular sights I've seen in a long time.


I got a great shot of this perpetual rainbow caused by all the mist from the falls.



5 comments:

  1. Wow, most amazing waterfalls I've ever seen. The internet says the Snake River is often diverted during the summer for irrigation, thereby significantly diminishing Shoshone Falls. The falls have been there 30,000 to 60,000 years. That's alot of water.

    All I can say is lucky you. Think of everything you're seeing. Wow.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work. I remain in awe of your drive that exceeds most people 1/2 your age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Bud, how about that interstate zoom zoom, when will you all find the country roads? Great pic's of the refueling station "food". enjoy Carol & John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures!! I'm not sure which takes your breath away more...the views or the pedaling. Keep it up, Dad. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful scenery! I hope I can have the chance to go to America and have a look.

    ReplyDelete