We started out and stayed along the snake river almost the entire day, riding through farmland, and dairies. The area is pretty arid but the proximity to the river provides an agricultural green belt and also a much flatter place to ride. We got lost for a few miles during the day which ended up giving our little group another 100 mile day. That makes two century rides for me so far - not bad for a rookie.
There was a casualty today when two people riding side by side got tangled up and went down. One person ended up with a little road rash and the other pulled a bunch of ligaments in his sholder and could no longer ride. He had to drop out and go home. Mike. the ride leader, said that ten percent of the riders on any given ride go home for some reason or another and to be on our toes at all times.
Mike gave a tire changing seminar which I didn't think I needed to go to. He pulled the rear tire off the bike, pulled the tire and tube off the rim, replaced the tube, remounted the tire to the rim, put the wheel back on the bike, inflated th
e tire and did all this in 48 seconds. I learned an easy way to get the rear tire off and on again, a way to put the chain back on the front sproket with out touching it and getting your hands dirty and positioning of the tire to find leak faster. I'm going to the next seminar too - I don't need to but that's what they all say.
The bridge is over the snake river gorge - the sam one that Evil Knevil tried to jump over. The self portrait was taken while riding - shouldn't do that or I'll end up like the guy that's going home.
This is typical of the views we had along the river all day. In some areas you could see people rafting.
The two pictures of the country side are great but the one in the middle i'm not to sure of. Looks like your ejoying yourself. You'll have to teach me that tire changing thing when you get home.
ReplyDeleteHi Bud:
ReplyDeleteDidn't realize you were able to spot us.... that was Don and I on the rafts in the Snake River! hehehe
No more trick photography buddy.... at 60 we don't heal like we used to. Looks like you're thriving; so keep up the good work. Guess you have an entire new outlook now on putting the pedal to the medal!
Take care,
Don and Linda
Wow, what a great group of photos, especially the one in the middle! It's been so long I've forgotten what you look like! What amazing scenery. When you get home, let's go on a road trip in the car and you can show me the sights! Just what you'll feel like doing!
ReplyDeleteHave fun, be careful.
xo
Like drgould1a says, I would like to know the one-minute tire change. I seem to be in the 20-minute range myself (though no flats since I went to Continental Gatorskin tires in April). They have been totally worth the money. It sounds like you are learning so much, Bud.
ReplyDeleteHey You!
ReplyDeleteScott told me what you were up to and I could not believe it! O.k. that was a lie - I CAN believe it, but I was sooo IMPRESSED I should really say!
Keep up the great job and and I am going to share your Blog with about 20 family members this weekend who will keep you on there prayer lists - We want you safe and healthy!!
I will check back in on ya :-)