I'm beginning to think that Michigan is the flatest state in the union - not that I'm complaining but if it wasn't for the trees, you could see all the way to New York. The ride started out on the cool side and for the most part was in farmland. With the wind at our backs
we made good time over the 87 miles and arrived at noon. Next stop was the quay brewery in downtown Port Huron, an old town with many restored buildings.
This is the bridge we will be taking to get over the St Clair River to Canada. They are going to close the bridge to car traffic while we cross.

Wow, Bud, that bridge is spectacular...and probably even better when you actually cross it! I'm with you, that place has got to be hideously cold come January. I like your teaser about the Little Italy Festa...that's a challenge if I've ever seen one!
ReplyDeleteTime for me to roll out the suitcase...
OK- ride really fast across that bridge, OK?! Think of all the peeps you're inconviencing riding across it! Like closing the Coronado bridge. HAHAHA. Fabulous, the scenery you're seeing is well, fab. love, from ali
ReplyDeleteHey Bud, your looking pretty relaxed. Not sure that is allowed. Michigan is really flat but Kansas might be worse?? Least it is green and it does not sound like the weather has been all that bad??? Have fun and stay safe. Kati is looking forward to catching up with you.. it will be fun. Take care. Linnie
ReplyDeleteOK Bud one more thing. On one of these blogs you show the room you were staying in and I am just curious if yours was the bed with all of the clothes folded nice and neat? The one next to it looked like more my style... piled up. Felix or Oscar?
ReplyDeleteHey Bud..... Just one little question. Would you consider riding back across America? We've really enjoyed your blogs..... been kind of the thing to do at the end of the day... logging on to see (where in the USA is Bud). We're going to miss it. We're sure if you tried you'd be back by early October! hehehehe
ReplyDeleteThat bridge looks awesome.... but nothing like the one in Sydney. Don and I plan on doing the bridge walk in September. You and Kati will have to add it to your list of things for your trip too.
Take care,
Don and Linda
Hey Bud....Congratulation's on your ride....I have tried to post comments a couple of times and it hasn't worked so Linda is on the line trying to guide me thru the process...hope this will reach you.
ReplyDeleteHowie & Gail