Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 26

Location - Mitchell, South Dakota Miles/Total Miles - 70/1,917 Climb - 1,000
We were all were walking back from dinner last night and took a better look at Marquee at the hotel. Kati, I thought you, Jenn and Jason would get a kick out of this. Can you believe I actually caught it? Because of the distance we got a bit later start today around 7:30. With flat terrain and a favorable wind we still got in before noon.
Then it was off to the corn palace which is a sports arena completely covered in corn cobs. When we arrived the workmen were busy applying corn to the facade with scenes of the the space shuttle, Mt Rushmore and the corn palace itself.
After a tour we went to a pub that was built in the old train station. In honor of out arrival they put on the Tour D France and it was buffalo burgers all around. Don't worry, we still made it to Dairy Queen prior to our departure to the corn palace.





What's a day without a visit to the Tractor Museum?

4 comments:

  1. Well Bud..... Don and I decided to just sit on our butts in BB since you're getting enough exercise for all of us! Have enjoyed short thunderstorms the past few days, which we appreciate, as it lowers the temperature and cools us off! You know how we work up a sweat swinging in our "air chairs". Glad you're having such a great experience! Keep safe.

    Don and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's refreshing to hear about all the culture coming your way...I do find it awfully funny that you are laughing at the speling erers, shows me your sense of humor is largely intact! Alex and Tori are doing a fine job of keeping me company. It's hot here, so I guess summer's really here. I LOVE SUMMERTIME! Remember, though, it's better with you here! So get those pedals moving and hurry on home! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That's pretty funny! :) Even Trevor saw the error!! Speaking of Trevor, he says to tell you Hi & that he misses you. He's looking forward to spending some time with you when you're back and before he goes back to school. Lucky you! HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Grumpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Almost home hope you are eating enough it sure doesn't sould like it!
    I LOVE YOU!!!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete