We've passed the halfway point today and much to my surprise, to not much fanfare. There was a couple of cows looking on to mark the occasion, but short of that, just the wide open prairie. I was feeling the effects of yesterday's long ride and decided to go it alone today. I started out riding slow to recoup from yesterdays grind with every muscle and joint in my body sore. By the time I hit the first sag things started feeling a little bit better and I started moving. Although the gain in climbing was minimal, it came in three 7% hills which was quite a challenge. I ended up being first in.
The picture above is of the Missouri River; it looks more like a huge lake.
Listen, funny guy...I think Mom and I have had enough JUNK for one day!! Way to go with yet another awesome day and gettin' over the half-way hump. Keep on truckin'!
ReplyDeleteHalf way, hooray, just think lots more prarie. Because you are halfway, doesn't that mean it is all DOWNHILL from here on? Fun to follow your days and I know you will have lots of pictures to show when you get back. Can't wait for the slide show, could be better than the normal Tuesday Idol night.
ReplyDeleteKeep moving along and we will keep seeing how you are doing.
Oh, Bud, I've been wishing for another hot rod project...we NEED something to do these days! hahahahahahahaha...like Jenn said.....junk?.....need I say more?
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you. And I got a very sweet post card today, which made my day. Well, Jenn made my day all day, but then you did too!
Keep on keeping on! Love you.
Another mans junk is Bud's new hot rod. Like George said it's all down hill right? Bud it's not the cows you have to worry about it's the sheep. Keep on biking.
ReplyDeleteHey Bud, I just now got a chance to read your blog. Parents came to town and we took them to Santa Ynez and had a great time.
ReplyDeleteSeems as if you are really enjoying all of this and seeing some things you haven't seen in the past. Your pictures are awesome!!
I knew you would already be thinking about next year's Ride Across America!!!
See ya in a month or so,
Donna