Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 41

Location - Brantford, Ontario Miles/Total Miles - 66/2,993 Climb - 1,250
Today was just a great day for riding - a short distance of only 66 miles, tail winds, sunshine all day, what more could you ask for? I was one of the first out of the hotel and the first to finish as well - some say that I'm racing to Niagara Falls, only it won't come any faster considering the distance we ride each day is the same for everyone. Well Kati, I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.
As you can see from the photo, the corn is much different in Canada . . . It's green, grows to about seven feet and produces yellow ears of corn - that's certainly a lot different than it's counterpart in the USA. Yes, and don't forget the barns (much different) they're red in this country . . . very unique.






Kati, I just couldn't help myself, it's in escrow.

2 comments:

  1. So we're moving to Canada? Wow! Now I know this bike riding has cost you your mental wellbeing! Sounds like another great day of racing I mean riding...way to go. Was it an ordeal crossing the border? I've been told so many times that we HAVE to see Niagara Falls from the Canadian side, so I'm convinced. Hmmmm. I'm all checked in for my flight and ready to go. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited- down to the final week!!!! woohoo!!! Think of you every day, Bud, and can't wait to see what you've posted on your blog each day! I love your new home in Canada! Can't wait to visit you there. It is beautiful, and probably only cast, well, like 125K. Something reasonable. Have a good time in Niagara Falls, I was telling Kati that it still represents(in my mind) a place stars and just the commonn folks, went for honeymoons. It will be beautiful, and looking forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete