Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 46

Location - Little Falls, New York Miles/Total Miles - 79/3,319 Climb - 1,610
Somebody asked about the humidity and temperature back here and all I can say is it's the same as San Diego . . . balmy, 70's and not humid at all (hope I haven't jinxed everything). Along with good weather we also got to ride along the canal again today and when we finished we took a trip to Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame. Lot's of memorabilia great little town and good times. Along with Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth our focus was on anything Padres. It was kind of slim pickings but we saw some Tony Gwynn stuff as well as mention of Trevor Hoffman, Adrian Gonzales and others who have passed through at one time during their careers (Rickey Henderson, Steve Garvey, Willie McCovey, Dave Winfield and Ozzie Smith...to name a few)

This is the SD Padres locker....
and below,
a tribute to Tony Gwynn's induction into the Hall of Fame...it was a great place to visit, a quaint town, beautiful drive getting there and yes, they have ice cream, which is mandatory eating for the cycling set.
I am SO enjoying this drive through Upstate New York...when you think ofr NY, this is not what comes to mind. It is just beautiful. Spread out and lots of open space.
Bud is exhausted. Four more days of cycling, and Saturday and Sunday promise to be extremely difficult. He's totally up to it, of course, but exhausted. I think he'll sleep the whole first week ho9me (although he says he'll be right back on his bike, or Jason's, if his is still en route) I still cannot believe the amazing accomplishment for this whole group of 50, who, amazingly, are all still intact...a first....






4 comments:

  1. Hey, sounds like things are good. Beautiful country and I'll bet Bud will be glad when the ride is over so he can kick back a few days anyway. Kati it sounds like your enjoying the trip too. Take care and see you soon. Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so crazy to think that Dad's almost done with this whole thing. What scares me the most is what he might try next. Whatever the case, I'm beyond proud of his determination and will. Go, Dad, GO!! Finish strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everest 2011? You're almost home now...these last few days are going to be the toughest, but what an impressive accomplishment. Who would have ever thought that when you first started talking about this you would actually go through with it? It has been fun and inspiring to follow you across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they have a trialthon in death valley that you can try. New York don't they make salsa there? Nice job keep on biking.

    ReplyDelete